Monday, March 16, 2009

A Grown Up

This week, I am going to try and be a grown up. I am not really looking forward to it, though...

Art is in a trade show this week for designers and construction industry people. He has a booth, and has asked that I come and help out with it. So, alas, I will go. I am kind of looking forward to it in that it kinda seems like a grown up thing to do.... that is, work. To spend two days with people who are bigger than 4 ft. tall, and have grown up conversations, well, that sounds kind of appealing. The idea that I can go and grab a drink without getting 4 other people drinks, well, that sounds pretty great too! And, we have chocolate yummies to entice people over to our booth, so I can make myself sick on that!

The part that I'm not really looking forward to is that life still continues on even when I'm not around. By that, I mean, my other responsibilites do not stop just because I have 'work' to do. They just continue on. And on. And on. And I will have to try and fit them in, somewhere...

Thankfully, we've had 2 people offer to take our girls while I am at the show (thanks, Fried & Nat!!), so I don't at all have to worry about the girls having anything less than a smashing time!

So, I will try my best to be a working Mom this week - well, for 2 days at least! Oh man, I just realized what time I will have to get up tomorrow morning...

No comments: