Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A New Revelation

Yesterday, we were at Home Depot with Art, and thought I'd pop into the garden department to check and see if they had their plants on sale yet. They did, so I picked up a few more perennials (yup, I'm addicted!). I picked up a(nother) hydrangea, as well as a couple of cone flowers and more creeping phlox. After the girls went to bed, I asked Art if he wanted to come and dig a couple of holes for me and hang out. As we were planting my last few plants, I had a revelation! I LOVE my perennial flower gardens. I do NOT love my garden garden. I spend hours in my flower gardens. I do NOT spend hours in my garden garden (and it shows!). And so, I realized.....I don't really like garden gardening....just flower gardening. Apparently, something in my mind doesn't want to be practical...Perhaps next year, I will stop making my husband crazy and make the garden half the size so it's practical AND gets weeded. Imagine that!

No comments: