Thursday, February 4, 2016

What We've Been Up To

Of course, Christmas is over, it's the New Year, blah, blah, and I've run a little behind in this blogging business.  So, in no particular order, here's what we've been up to....
 
1.  Sledding.  Doing some serious redneck sledding!  The Girls have been begging us take pull them behind the Ranger.... with the weather being so mild, my Ranger even starts, so I have no excuse not to!!  Art said that it feels like driving a boat.  And The Girls have a blast.  So it's a good day!
 
 
2.  Cows.  We've finally started our own herd, and it's awfully exciting!  We're starting small, and have picked up a few here and a few there, but we're excited to start calving this spring!  Here's a few of our beauties.
 
 
3.  Chores.  With animals, comes chores.  Which we totally enjoy, and this beautiful winter gives us nothing to complain about.  We've been getting everything in order for when we start calving, which should be in the next few weeks. 
 
 

 
4.  Growth.  Both with The Girls and the dogs.  This beast is 7 months now, and weighs close to 70 lbs.  He's a big loveable lug.

 
5.  Family.  We've seen a bit of my folks over the last few months, and it's been nice!  With nice weather, we spent lots of time outside, even having dinner over the fire one night.  I like it! 

 

 
6.  Girls.  Always, always, Girls.  Our local UFA (how we love them!!) gave the girls some new toques.  Now we know we won't lose these girls in the bush, 'cuz there's not camouflaging them now!

 
5.  Outside.  With a new set of snowshoes, I've been enjoying getting out in the fields and enjoying the snow.  Something I've never tried before, snowshoeing has been a great way to get some exercise, outside in the sun!
 

 
I find, when I go to post on my blog, I often scroll through my Instagram feed to find pictures of what we've been doing.  You can follow me on instagram, my username is thegoerzengirls.  Then you'll know more of what we're up to around here! 
 
 

No comments: