Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Sound of my Childhood

This morning, I woke up to the sound of my childhood. "What is that sound?", you may ask...It's rain. When I was growing up in Vancouver, it rained all the time! I would wake up to that sound, go to sleep with that sound.... It was so calming. I didn't realize how much I actually missed the sound of rain on the roof and windows until a couple of years ago. It's one of those things that I think I didn't even think about until it had been gone for a while. So, this morning, when I awoke to the sound of my youth, I sighed and rolled over, pulling the covers up a little higher, and went back to sleep. Ah, yes, a rainy day. Perfect for cuddling up under a blanket and watching "Black Beauty" with my girls. All is well in my world.

No comments: