Thursday, October 9, 2008

Negligent

No, the title of this post is not my parenting style....usually! Although I have been a little bit negligent in the past week with my Girls...and blogging...and cleaning....and cooking.... All because of the (infamous) kitchen! It finally arrived on Friday, and my brother and sister-in-law were here visiting (suckers!) I bet if they knew how much work we'd make them do, they wouldn't have come! So it came, and I've not really seen too much of my fantastic husband since they, because he's been working his butt of! He's been up 'til probably 2 am every day, slaving away, so that we can get this kitchen in and our home back in order. Slowly, it's coming. I am happy to report that as of about 9 pm tonight, we now have everything that one needs in a kitchen, working. Our ovens, fridge/freezer, sink, cook top, downdraft, microwave and dishwasher are are installed, with counter tops, and I can use them. It's a pretty exciting day here! I still don't have handles on the drawers, and there's no toe-kick, along with some other finishing touches, but it's usable. What a long road it's been. Just in time for Thanksgiving, since we will have a house-full on Monday for turkey. I am planning on making some pretty fantastic things in my new kitchen to 'christen' it.

Other than that, not too much going on here...(this whole thing has been a little bit consuming!). Oh wait - we saw a baby moose this morning on our neighbor's lawn. Very, very cool! It's been a while since we've seen moose here, and we were looking around for it's mama, but we couldn't see it. It sounds crazy, but for us, Moose have always symbolized the presence of God in our lives (really, really long story), so it was pretty cool that Art and I were talking out in the shop about what we've been hearing/learning from God lately, and he goes to the house for a minute and comes running back in the shop to come and see the moose. I was actually almost in tears...it was yet another reminder of God's faithfulness to me.

No comments: