Monday, November 2, 2009

A Gift

This weekend, my fantastic husband gave me an amazing gift. Let me start off by telling you the background...

For the last 6 or 7 years, my kitchen table has been a half of a ping pong table placed (not screwed) on top of my regular table. Last year, around this time, Art (finally) succumbed and said he would build me a table. So, I searched the internet to find some legs for the table, and he was going to make the top, put it all together, and finish it. Then, my Christmas present was....the table. My birthday came around, and guess what I got for my birthday. You guessed it.....a table. Our anniversary....a table. At some point in the summer, Art put the top together, and we distressed it (by pulling it by a chain behind the truck down our gravel driveway). I told Art that he could not use the table as another Christmas present for me!

So this weekend, Art and I were in the shop working on the trim for the house (yup, it's finally getting done!). We got done way sooner than we thought, so I suggested that Art work on the table. He worked...and worked....and worked. And now, it's done. HOORAY!! I know that although he enjoyed working on it (somewhat), this was totally for me. He gave of his time and expertise for me. And it was such a gift. I appreciate the selflessness of Art giving of his whole weekend to get this done. I will post a picture when I find my battery charger for my camera, but let me tell you, friends, it looks fairly fantastic. And I love it with my whole heart!

No comments: