Sunday, November 29, 2009

Surprise!

Friday night, we hosted a surprise birthday party for a friend of ours. She was SO surprised - had not the slightest clue.... We had about 20 people here for night of laughing and eating!

One of the things I love most about hosting things at our house is how excited the girls get. I think they have as much fun as me preparing everything, setting up all the small, final details of the evening....lighting candles, setting up music, setting up the tables. They were the self appointed greeters....they opened the doors and let everyone in.

One of the fun things we did was take pictures of all the guests holding a picture frame, and had them sign and write a note to the birthday girl....who turns 70 in a few days. I will post the pictures once I put them on my computer. I know, I've said that before, but I will.

After the party (which was done and cleaned up by 10:30 pm....I think the earliest ending party we've ever had!), we just hung out and relaxed...for the weekend. So, my house is all decorated and ready for Christmas, and I now only have to do my baking and shopping.... but there's always tomorrow!

No comments: