Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Almost Over...

I cannot believe that our summer is almost over.  Really.  I can't believe it!  Three of my 4 girls are at VBS this week, so it leaves me with a little bit of time to get myself organized for the upcoming year.

I've ordered the girls math curriculum (yipee!), bought their english books, and now just have to pick up a few school supplies.  I'm checking the schedules of the activities that they will be enrolled in, hoping that they do not conflict....

It doesn't really feel like we've had that much of a summer this year.  My niece was here for a month, which provided us with (way) more than average date nights, many of which were spent pick up a slurpee and heading out for a drive down a country road that we'd never been before.  We walked more than a few fields and trails just to see what was around the next bend.  It was glorious!

We headed out to Kelowna for a week, meeting up with my sister and her family to (sadly) give my niece back.  We tried to convince her that she should live with us.... However, that 16 yr. old wanted to get home to her friends and boyfriend.  How rude!! :-)

So, things are winding down on one hand, but on the other, I feel as though I am ramping up for the fall.  We are hoping to get a few fun things in yet - hopefully another trip or two to the river, and another day or two of garage sale-ing.  Speaking of which, we were told about a "highway garage sale" that is happening this weekend.  It's out in the country, and, needless to say, I am very, very excited!  I'll be sure to post pictures of any finds!

Anyhow, enough of my musings for this grey day!  Once we get back into a schedule, I am hoping to get back into regular blogging... :-)  Hope all is well!

2 comments:

L Klassen said...

I'd love to know where this garage sale is:)

The Goerzen Girls...and Art said...

The garage sale is on hwy 39 from just past Drayton Valley to Thorsby, I think?