Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Nights

The past two nights, we've had some good summer storms....last night especially!  Art and I went to bed around midnight, and just started to hear the thunder rumbling.  We made a bet on how long it would take the girls to end up in our bed....again.  Here's how our night went:

12:30 am  I fall asleep
12:40 am  Molly comes into bed with us
12:50 am  Ellie Mae comes into bed with us
 1:10 am  Abby comes into bed
 1:20 am  Hannah comes into bed
 1:30 am  Art leaves bed to sleep on the couch
 1:40 am  Hannah leaves bed to sleep with Art on the couch
 1:50 am  I fall asleep...again
 2:10 am  Another round of the storm....everyone is up....again
 2:45 am  I fall asleep...again.  And wake up.  Again.  Repeatedly.  I am in the middle of 3 Girls. And 2 of    them flail.  Repeatedly.  And have no idea of personal space.  Especially when they are asleep!

Needless to say, I didn't get a lot of sleep!  But somewhere in there, between the frustration of being tired, and having Girls in my bed for the second night in a row, I did think to myself a few things.... One of which was, "Wow!  Isn't this a spectacular display?!  We really are, but dust!", and another was, "I love this!  Sleepless summer nights, with huge storms, and little Ladies...these are the things that my Girls will remember when they are all grown up!"  And then, those sweet, fleeting moments passed, and I was, once again, tired....and cranky! 

This morning, we woke up late to much rain, and it's still raining. While the Girls were eating lunch, we heard a "Crack!", and looked outside to find this!


For some reason, I cannot rotate the picture, but it's a branch of a huge tree outside our front door, which conveniently landed on our van, which I had happened to park there yesterday.  How great for us!  Thankfully, nothing is damaged....except the tree.  Since it's raining cats and dogs, we just moved the van and will have to wait to pull the tree out back.  As crazy as this was, I am thankful that we had no hail damage....or tornadoes touch down where we live!  Ahh, summer nights....

2 comments:

lindakatee said...

Being in Mb. for a visit to see family, we had a few T-storms, no hail. Living on the west coast, I do miss watching the power of these T-storms, I love to watch the lightning and hear the crash of thunder...

Mary said...

I love thunder storms. The power is so awesome. I love that the girls crawl into bed with you when they are scared (or whatever). Those are the memories that last. You guys are great parents. Keep it up.