I have had this post written and rewritten a few times, struggling to find a balance between fun and serious, and wondering how deep to go... So this is what I've come up with..... Here we go.
- I am outgoing, but the older I get, the more introverted I become... I used to be the life of the party, but now, I'm more content to get together with a friend and have a good visit. I've realized that quality trumps quantity in friendships every. single. time.
- I'm in my mid-thirties, and have found relationships harder to navigate now than any other time in my life.
- I always wanted to be a Mom. Always. But I don't love children... I love my children, and my friends children, but put me in a room with a bunch of kids, and I can do it, but it sucks the lifeblood outta me.
- I always wanted Girls. Never boys. I can't even count how many times people have asked me if we're going to try for a boy, or have wanted boys, or how "terrible it's going to be when the Girls are older". I call your bluff, people. I love my Girls. I'm not sad to have never had boys. My hubby loves his Girls. All is well.
- I love the country (in case you couldn't tell), but grew up in the city. After being out in the country for so many years, I think I'd shrivel up up and wilt if I had to move back to the city.
- I love to bake. I find it therapeutic. If I'm upset, or thinking, or stressed, I'll often bake. I especially love making anything with yeast. Something about the feel of the dough in between my finger I find very relaxing.
- I never took swimming lessons. But I love the water and love to swim. I chalk it up to being the baby of the family, and being forgotten about *sniff, sniff*
- I enjoy working in my flower gardens, but not my vegetable garden. I know, I know, it doesn't make sense, because weeds are weeds... This year, we plowed over our garden, and Art made me a few raised boxes for a square foot garden. Fewer weeds, only planting the things I absolutely couldn't live without.... It's all good!
- I don't love the mornings. Not really. I love sleeping in. When our Girls were smaller, we trained them to not get out of bed before 8 am. To this day, they still don't get out of bed earlier than that. I guess it's a good thing we homeschool! If I do have to get up early, usually it's for a really good reason, and then I do enjoy it. But mostly, I'm a night owl.
- I'm afraid of moths. They always come for me...they're so unpredictable! Art is the moth killer in our home.
- I am afraid of time. Time seems to pass so quickly, and before you know it, our Girls will be grown and gone, and I'm not really sure what I'll do with myself. I know it won't be sudden, and that it'll happen gradually, but I'm still afraid. I just can't imagine, after spending so many hours and days and years with them, that they'll leave. I want them to live healthy, full lives and have families of their own, as long as they're close to me. :-)
- I love to decorate. Period. But I really love to decorate using re purposed, old, unusual objects (usually rusty, or with paint chipping off) that I find anywhere and everywhere.
- My perfect day would include a drive on an unknown road in the country, meandering through old, abandoned buildings and homesteads, and finding cast off items I could use in my home (for free, of course!); a garage sale at an old farm that had been in the family for many, many years; riding a horse with purpose (working cows or whatever); being with people I love; and sunshine.
- Fall is my favorite season. I love the smell, the leaves crunching beneath your feet, the colors on the trees, the cooler weather with NO BUGS, and the preparation for winter.
- I never expected my life would look like it does today. In some ways, it's beyond my wildest dreams, in other ways, it's much harder than I imagined. We've gone through our share of sorrows and joys, but really, I wouldn't trade most of it for anything, because it's helped make us who we are today. Having children is much richer than I thought, but also a lot of work! Marriage is much richer than I thought, but also a lot of work! My relationships are much richer than I thought, but also a lot of work (you get the picture....!)
15 Things About Me