Friday, February 22, 2013

Family Day Weekend

This past weekend was a long weekend for us, which is always so wonderful!  Hannah was off for her birthday date to beloved Auntie Frieda's from Friday until Sunday.  She was so excited about it, and although I love that they get to do these special dates, I do miss each of my little chickens when they are gone. 

We worked on our ongoing renovations on Saturday (complete with a ladder falling out from under Art while he was climbing into the attic, moving electrical outlets, stacking dryers...good times on a Saturday night!)

Sunday, we had a young couple over....they used to be some of our 'youth kids', so that was fun to catch up with them.  They have 2 kids of their own now, which always makes me seem SO old!

Finally, the pièce de résistance was on Monday, when we had some new friends over, whom we have come to adore!  Our kids played with their kids, our husbands played in the shop, and her and I got to have a wonderful visit.  We ate, we laughed.... it was a great day!

Now, another weekend is upon us, and we will do much of the same - that is, work our butts off on our house!  The "reno room" is coming together, finally, and the mudding was completed this week. We started painting tonight, and tomorrow, we'll finish painting and start putting up some of the trims.

We have to move our entire upper floor of our home somewhere.....I'm not sure how that's gonna work yet.... but since we are replacing the carpet, it must be done.  It's gonna be a terrible job, that's for sure, but I keep telling myself that the end product will be worth it.  We'll see about that...

Today this is what I know.  I know that it's Friday.  And I love Fridays, because it means that I get to spend the next two days with my favorite people...my family!

Happy weekend, y'all!

No comments: