Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Full Life

When I think of the phrase, "A Full Life", I think of living life to the fullest.  Seizing every opportunity.  Carpe Diem.  However, it's definitely not felt that my "full life" has been "my cup runneth over" lately.  It's just felt, well, full.

We're doing a(nother) renovation upstairs, so our bedroom has been literally stripped down to studs and is slowly getting put back together.  We've been ripping off cedar siding and tile and plywood and putting back flooring and drywalling and doing electrical and mudding and painting.  We've had school work, babysitting courses, birthdays and celebrations.  That's all in addition to the regular "full-ness" of having 4 kids...4-H and Awana and riding and taking care of critters.  If you would've told me 8 years ago that this is what my life would look like these days, I would've told you that you were crazy!  But alas, it's true.  And although it's a good "full", it can also be exhausting. 

So my focus has been lately on paring down things - not only in our home, as we're going through tons of junk that's collected upstairs, but also on activities and relationships that happen around here.  I've had to be very purposeful in trying to maintain the lifestyle that we desire, and not being too "busy" (oh, how I hate that word!), but also realizing that we have 6 people living in this home, and that requires a bit of juggling.  And driving.  And dying to my desire of wanting to live in my pj's for days on end. 

I know that they day will come, and I will think, "Where has everyone gone?  The house is empty!"...and then I can live in my pajamas for days on end.  But for right now, I'm thankful for one of those days in a week.  And it's good life.  And filled with joy and laughter (and sometimes weeping and gnashing of teeth).  And full.  A full life.  A good life.  A blessed life.

No comments: