Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Done....and Done!

This morning we have cause for a celebration at our house.  After months of working diligently, Ellie Mae finished her school work.  Not bad for kindergarten, I'd say....middle (almost) of April?  Yes.  Definitely!  She is now officially on the "I can read" list!
 
This celebration is a bit bigger for me, because not only am I so proud of Ellie Mae for all her hard work, but it's also the last of my Girls that I've taught to read.  And I'm not gonna lie, I'm fairly proud of myself for that!  When we started on this homeschooling journey 8 years ago, I didn't know how it would look, or if it would work, or if my girls and I would survive.  But, so far, we've survived.  Heck, I'd like to think that we've even thrived...
 
So tonight at dinner, I'm gonna pull out the "I am special today" plate and we'll all clap and cheer and celebrate this little ladies' accomplishment!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations to Ellie Mae! Great job!!!

Ritz said...

Way to go teacher and Ellie Mae!

stephanie said...

Congratulations to the two of you!! :) A great feeling for sure!