Friday, June 21, 2013

New Life

I've sure been enjoying my morning walks these days, and have loved watching nature spring alive after a long, cold, winter.  "Winter?!" you may say...."That was so long ago!"
 
Well, not so much, here in the great, white north.  We've really only been frost/snow-less for about a month and a half!  Hard to believe things can change so much, in such a short amount of time!
 
My walks take me down country roads around our home, where there's not too much traffic, and I never tire of things to look at....
 
Nothing like an old mailbox to catch my eye...

 
....especially when I hear some chirping coming from the inside.  For the past few days before I took this picture, I'd often see a mama flying into this mailbox.  I waited a few days before I ventured a peek for myself!  These tiny little things weren't the prettiest, but I knew that eventually, they'd be a bit easier on the eyes.  Poor things, when I opened the mailbox, were chipping like nobodies business, I think they were hoping I was their mama, bringing them some breakfast!  No such luck, just a nosy me, taking a peek!

 
About a week and a half later, I ventured another look...

 
These babies sure are looking nicer now!  I don't think it'll be much longer before they are off!
 
It's amazing how quickly these little ones are growing and changing! 

No comments: