Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Time for Everything

I love the book of Ecclesiastes.  So many good nuggets in there.  In my reading, over the holidays, I once again read chapter 3....
 
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
 
 
So many hard, hard things going on with friends around us.  We've mourned the loss of loved ones with friends, and joyfully celebrated new life.  We've laughed, we've definitely danced, we've mourned and wept.  This season, I felt especially grateful as I looked at the ones I love, around me, celebrating the birth of Jesus. 
 
We did have some time to play, over the holidays too.  We had some really lovely days, with warmer than normal weather.   Art got to try out his new snowshoes, and a few of the girls got a ride in the sled (only for a short while!) while they hiked out to the bush to put up a tree stand.  I definitely think Art was more tired than The Girls were!
 
 
We got to go and ride horses, both at home, outside, and at a friends' indoor heated arena (definitely a treat!!)  Ellie Mae is still in the process of breaking in her chaps, and oy, does this little girl look cute!

 
We called the horses to the pens with some grain, which they loved...

 
...and I'm still in awe of this life which we get to live.

 
We also helped some friends work cows, which was wonderfully fun and tiring.... just finishing up while the sun went down.
 
 
"Then I realized that it is good and proper for a man to eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given him - for this is his lot.  Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work, this is a gift from God.  He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart."
Ecclesiastes 5:18-20

 

No comments: