Thursday, January 29, 2015

Randomness

Well, here goes....another random post.  But so much has happened that I need to share.  Extremely exciting things. For example:
 
1.  Art was craving chili, so I told him I'd pull some out of the freezer for dinner.  I heated up the French bread in my steam oven (the wonder-of-all-wonder appliances), defrosted the chili, grated some cheese, and voila!  Dinner is served....  Ellie Mae mentioned it first, and once I took a bite or two, I wondered why the chili didn't taste quite right.  Coupled with the fact that I could find no beans in it... and I realized that I had taken out PASTA SAUCE instead of chili, which we were eating straight up (with some cheese, of course...).  I quickly decided that if you heap pasta sauce on top on warm French bread, is still does taste alright.  Not as good as chili though, and not as good as pasta with sauce.  I have dubbed it "Sweet Chili Heat".... Tonight, we'll have the leftovers, but I'll actually make some pasta to go with the past sauce...
 
2.  Last week I went to Goodwill, and found a painting of an old barn that I fell in love with.  On that back of it was the quarter section of land that the actual barn was located on.  The only problem was that they wanted $50 for the picture.  Really?  Goodwill?  Why so pricey?  There was a blue tag special on, but the picture had a red tag, and for all my trying, I could not get them to lower the price.  This week, I popped back in to see if the picture was still there, and much to my delight, it was there...waiting for me.  And the signs everywhere said that everything with a red tag was 50% off.  Hallelujah!  So I picked that baby up straight away and brought it home with me.  It sits in my office now, and I've decided that this may have started a new collection...
 
3.  Mini eggs are out in full force, which means that they have made it into my home.  Is this a good or bad thing?  Both.
 
4.  It's been crazy warm around these parts, so we've spent lots of time outside.  Snow has been melting, which means our yard is an ice rink, but that's ok.... We've had fires and made s'mores,
 
we've been able to ride outside a bit (before it got too icy!), as well as haul horses for lessons...
 
my Mom and I were able to get out for a walk or two... It's been really, really nice.  This weekend, temperatures are supposed to get back to their sub-zero normalness, but that's ok.  It's been a pleasant break, and made the winter feel so much shorter!
 
5.  Hannah got her learners license last week.  She was super proud of herself, and very excited.  Art's taken her out driving once already, and she's itching to go some more.  Heaven help us all... I can't believe this is happening already!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: