Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring!

Even after a mild winter, we are still so excited for Spring.  So.  Darn.  Excited.  It comes after months and months of looking outside and seeing white.  I'm not sure who is more excited though.... us, or our animals. 
 
The Girls have been spending lots of time outside in the steer pen in preparation for their 4H achievement day in May.  They spend lots of time brushing their steers to get all the tag off them, leading them around, and just hanging out with them.  We put in a whole lotta straw the other day for them in hopes that it would help keep them a bit cleaner.  This guy is Ellie Mae's steer.  He is my most favorite of the bunch.  Such a handsome guy, no?

 
And this is Abby's steer.  If he's laying down in the straw, Abby will come and sit on him and talk to him for a bit.  They both like the company of each other. 

 
The chickens have been enjoying the longer days, and we're looking forward to making an enclosed pen for them to spend more time outside.

 
And finally, the horses.  Ah, the horses.  I do love to look out in the pasture and see them.  The other night, Art and I went out for a walk, and I managed to capture a few pictures of them.  Normally, they come running up to us, sniffing in our pockets for grain.  We had nothing for them on this night, other than a little rub for their necks.  They quickly left us alone once they realized that we had no grain, but it's ok.  They're beautiful all the same...

 
 
I am looking forward to riding this girl again, out in the pasture.... (we just have to wait for the 8" of snow that fell on the weekend to melt...)
 

 
I think they'll be very excited once the grass starts to green up!
 
Speaking of green... I found this in my garden the other day.  I was very, VERY excited to see some green out there.  Too bad it is now covered in white... But soon, it'll be back.
 
 
I'm not sure that this view will ever get old...especially in Spring!

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: