Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lots to say...

Once again, I've been a bit negligent in my blogging....sorry! Lots has been going on around here during the past week...here's a short rundown

  1. Hannah started school. Yup, you read right...school! Do you believe it? She has started grade 3 in a program here which I am thinking (and hoping) will be fantastic.... She goes to school 2 days a week, and then is home the other 3 days, where we do math and language arts together. That's it - just 2 simple, easy subjects. She started on Tuesday, and besides having some butterflies, she did great. She has a couple of friends in the program, which helps. There's also lots of parental involvement, which is nice as well.
  2. Abby started grade 1. I am keeping her a home full time for another year, and depending on how things go, she may go to school with Hannah next year. We went into the city yesterday to meet with our facilitator and pick up all her curriculum, so she was SO excited to start. She did school for about an hour and a half, and begged to do more. So, being the generous Mom that I am, I let her do more math during her 'alone time'. Yup, I'm great...
  3. Our ceiling is FINALLY done! We worked like dogs this past weekend (happy labor day to us!) and Art got it all done, and I painted it all. We even decided to do the ceiling in the bathroom because we love it so much.
  4. Fall is here. Really. It doesn't feel like summer anymore, unfortunately, so today I planted about 400 bulbs in my gardens. We'll see how it looks in the Spring....I can't wait!
  5. My kitchen is coming. Soon. This actually happened a while ago, but I haven't had a chance to write about it, so I thought I'd mention it here. I can hardly wait! It's only been about 10 months that I've slowly been losing a cabinet here, and a cabinet there...now I have 5 cabinets. Literally. Everything is stored in boxes in the basement, so whenever I want to bake, I have to rummage through all the crap in the basement to find whatever it is I'm looking for. My kitchen should be here the first week in October.
  6. With kitchens, you need faucets, which I finally found and ordered. I may have to sell one of my children on the black market to pay for it, but it's really nice....
  7. Lights...or lack of them. With finishing the ceiling, it meant that we had to take down lights, which means that I have none, and had to go and find some new ones...they are super nice, but, of course, they will take 3 weeks to come in.... Since it now is fall (remember #4?), and the days are much shorter, we light lots of candles here! So, if you are driving down our driveway and see candles everywhere in the house, don't think you're interrupting anything....it's just that we have no lights!
  8. Paint....I will soon have a painted house. Well, couple of rooms actually, but still. It's better than the drywall and putty I've been looking at for months
  9. Ballet, which Abby is starting next week....I still have to find her shoes!
  10. Awana....Hannah, Abby AND Molly are in it this year. Three down, one to go.... Yippee!!

That's it. The short version of what's been going on here in the last few days. I'll try to be better at this blogging...

2 comments:

lindakatee said...

Teresa: You are a card, I always love to read your updates...and which one of your girls is for sale???
We sure enjoyed seeing you at the wedding in SK. Did you have a nice "Honeymoon"?

Take care and keep on keeping on.
hugs, Auntie Linda

The Goerzen Girls...and Art said...

I'm not sure....Ellie Mae is the littlest, so she might fetch the most, but she wouldn't remember me yet...Hannah is a really good helper so I wouldn't want to lose her, or Abby...and Molly is pretty funny these days....maybe we'll just have to get rid of our dog?