Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gone Fishin'

My man is fishing this weekend. For the whoooole weekend. And, I am at home with the Girls. All 4 of them. And me. And we are going to have lots of fun!

This is a trip that Art does every year with 2 of his friends, and us wives get together with our children.....11 of them between us all. And it's a bit of a gong show. We have every age, from 10 through 1, with a couple of doubles in there.

Tonight, we were all at one of the families house, and I had put Ellie Mae to bed, but all the other 10 kids were downstairs watching a movie together, laughing. We walked down, and got a camera to take a picture. I didn't have the camera, so I don't have the picture, but it made my heart happy. Some of you may know that we in the Goerzen home love tradition....and this is one that I love. All the kids were on the floor or couch, the younger with the older, cuddling and watching the movie together. They will have these memories when they are older.... something that we did every year (this is now year 5!).

It's funny, because when the guys first started going, a weekend by myself with the kids (I only had 2 then!) seemed so overwhelming and even daunting, but now, it's no big deal, and I have double the kids. I guess, as they get older and a bit more independent, that helps. Also, I'm not up in the middle of the night nursing a baby!

Anyhow, Friday was a big hit with the Girls....now I have to figure out how to spend the rest of the weekend. I am thinking about making some raspberry jam, painting my entrance way, playing outside, reading a magazine, and perhaps watching a chick flick tomorrow night. We'll see how much of that gets done. :-)

Hopefully, the weather is good and the guys have a great time away. Frankly, they deserve it. They are all great Dad's....husbands.....work their butts off kinda guys.... Happy fishing, boys!

No comments: