Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pomegranates


This past week we had something which I think was very cool happen to us. We had a friend come over and bring us 7 pomegranates. "Nice," you may think, but cool? Well, let me continue. I'll tell the longer version of the story. So, my friend brought the pomegranates over, and my kids had never eaten them. So, we dug them out, and they dug in. All the girls went crazy over them! Even Ellie Mae with her couple of teeth was shoving them in her mouth as fast as she could get them.


A couple of days later we were in church, and Hannah was sitting beside me reading her Bible. I looked over at what she was reading and the word "pomegranate" caught my eye. I showed her, since we had just been enjoying the pomegranates (which, by the way, my husband had never tried before we had them from our friend), and this is the passage of scripture that I read:


"For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land—a land with streams and pools of water, with springs flowing in the valleys and hills; a land with wheat and barley, vines and fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey; a land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills. When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you." (Deut. 8:7-10)


So, friends, I am taking this as God's word for me for this season. Now, some of you may say that I may be crazy, and that it's just a coincidence that all this happened, but I see 'coincidences' as God working and speaking to me. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments: