Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Craving

As a mother of 4, who homeschools and works from home, there are days when I CRAVE...quiet. Perhaps that's why I love 'alone time' so much....it's quiet! I love the feeling of knowing all my ladies are here at home, safe and sound, but they are somewhere else other than on top of me. Knowing that at this present moment, nothing is required of me, and I can just sit, in the quiet, and enjoy it! The only other time I 'hear' quiet during the day is when I'm in the shower, with the door locked and the fan turned on! :-)

Lately, I've been heading to bed early (well, earlier), just to be alone and ....yup, you guessed it...quiet! This is one thing that I envy in my friends who do not have kids yet... But I am pretty sure that they would tell you that they envy me in my chaos! I suppose part of it is being thankful in the season of life we are in. I am sure that when my girls are grown, I will look back on these days and wish for them again...wishing for the chaos instead of the quiet... Human nature, eh? Wanting what we don't have... As much as I crave quiet, I am thankful for my chaos...most days!

1 comment:

lindakatee said...

Yes, Teresa, you will crave the chaos when your girls are gone...been there done that...love ya, Auntie Linda