Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pomegranates Part II

Recently, I wrote about pomegranates.... http://thegoerzengirls.blogspot.com/2008/11/pomegranates.html

And now I wanted to add a bit to that. I've been thinking a lot about that lately. I went to the passage again the other night to re-read it, and something new stuck with me...

Deut. 8:1 says, "Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and posses the land that the Lord promised..."

It struck me, because I sometimes forget that there are consequences for our actions. Just like my children, if they do not obey, sometimes, they lose privileges...so why wouldn't it be that way with God? We must obey Him today in order to move into what He has for us tomorrow.
Granted, He extends grace towards us, but I think we also have to 'do our part'...have a willing spirit to do what He has asked of us.

Just something that I've been pondering....

No comments: