Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Another year

Another year has passed....this past week, we celebrated both mine and Molly's birthdays. For my birthday, Art gave me the gift of a day. A day to do whatever I wanted, without any responsibilites....it was fantastic! I helped him get the girls ready first thing, and then he was out of the house by 8:30. I thought it was going to be a quiet morning, but it was a busy, busy, phone ringing, trying to get out of the house kinda morning. I headed off to meet 'The Ladies' (whom I love!) for prayer, after stopping by Starbuck's for a special strawberries and cream yumminess incarnate drink (my new favorite treat) and some raspberry lemon loaf. I NEVER do that, so it was a fun little treat. After prayer, off I went to the mall with my friends Suzanne and Natalie for an afternoon of shopping...went to Mac and got a new look, got some new duds at American Eagle... all that good stuff. Then, home for WokBox (one of my favorites!), and birthday cake. Get this: Art made me a cake. Himself. And it was marble. And it had 2 layers. And it was iced. And it was very, very yummy. First. Time. Ever....impressive, eh? Then, I headed out for a little while to a conference our church was hosting, but I snuck out early because I was SO TIRED! All in all, it was a very grand day.

Then, on Saturday, we celebrated Molly's 4th birthday. Originally, we were going to have a weiner roast outside with a couple of families, but it turns out (of course!) that there is a fire ban, so we had to have a b-b-q instead. Not as fun, but still good. It was a little bit crazy, because we only had 4 families here, but there were 14 kids here. It was loud, and crazy, and very, very fun. Molly was very excited to have her friends here, and excited to be turning 4, so it was all good!!

Anyhow, that's what we've been up to for the last week.... It's all good! I will (hopefully) post some pictures soon...

No comments: