Friday, May 1, 2009

Revelation and Humility

Here's a new revelation for me....something Art and I have just realized. I know that it may seem fairly obvious to y'all, but it wasn't for me. Here's the revelation: We need to get out more! So, after talking, Art took matters into his own hands, and found a babysitter. Now, again, this may not sound like a big deal, but I don't know that I can remember the last time HE was the one to plan such a thing! He called around, and found someone to watch our girls tonight. So we get to go out on a date! Such fun!

So, here's the rest of the story.... I was stressing a bit about what this night was going to cost us....not only a babysitter, but also us going out = lots of $$. However, Art was right - we would pay someone to do odd jobs around the house, why shouldn't we pay more to have someone care for our girls?! I TOTALLY agree, but the practical side of my brain is thinking, "How is this going to work?!" But, my sanity, and our marriage is worth it, DEFINITELY!

After arranging for a young adult from our church to come and watch the girls (she's pretty great - she teaches a worship dance class that our girls are in on Saturday mornings, just for 'fun', and you know that she just loves it!), I started to get excited - a night out!! Then, she called back to talk to Art. She told him how, after she hung up the phone with him, the Lord started talking to her about sowing into to people's lives, and He wanted her to watch our girls, and sow into their lives....FOR FREE!! Art tried to fight it - really, we do want to pay someone, and think it's important to entrust our girls to someone trustworthy, and all that stuff... but she refused. She wants to be obedient to what God is asking of her. So, here I sit, bawling as I write this post. I feel 1) thankful that we have people around us who listen to the Lord, and desire to do what He asks of them, and 2) so incredibly humbled that the Lord cares for me in such a way that He knows my fears, and He wants to remind me that He cares about me, and wants to provide for me in such a way that I really GET. You know? Such a tangible way in which He is showing me He loves me, and wants to provide not only my needs, but also my wants! Thank you, Lord!

No comments: