Monday, September 7, 2009

The end is in sight.....

....until we decide to tackle another project! As most of you know, we've spent the last 2 years renovating the main floor of our house. So, we are almost done - the only thing left to do is the trim work (which really, let's be honest....will that ever get done?!), which cannot be done until the doors are replaced. On Saturday, Art spent a good part of the day taking out the old doors, and putting in the new ones (minus handles, of course....I'm still looking, and trying to find some that I love). While he was doing that, he started thinking about our laundry/mud room down the back hall and entrance to our garage. He decided that he was going to pull out the wall when you first walk in the door to make that space a bit bigger, and more suitable for our family. So, as I sit here, on my butt, these are some of the things I hear: the sawz-all, going nuts, cutting into the wall; a bit of grunting, as Art gets the headers out; perhaps an expletive?! He stepped on a nail, while wearing his oh so safe, and I'm sure Alberta Health and Safety approved CROCS (and pajamas....but that's for another day); the crowbar, with it's high pitched noise that it makes as you pull wood apart; and now, finally, the vacuum, because my man rocks! He makes a mess, and (usually) cleans it up!!

I've forgotten how much mess and dust drywall makes.....ahh, the mayhem.....here we go again!!

No comments: