Monday, December 7, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like....

CHRISTMAS! This year, I was asked to be apart of a Christmas Home Tour for the alliance church. It was a great excuse to get Art to finish up the last of the trim work, painting and last final details of our renovations.... and now, it's DONE! Well, almost...just a few more mouldings to paint, and a floor to fix up where we took out walls in the laundry room....

The home tour was on Saturday, so on Friday night, everyone who's house was in the tour got to go and see each other's homes, which was fun. Of course, on Friday, we had the first blizzard of the year - we probably got close to a foot of snow, which helped add to the festive feel of the day. It was a lot of fun to get all my decorating done, and show off all of Art's hard work. I set up my table (which I, of course, forgot to take a picture of!), turned on all the lights and music, and got some baking done while people meandered through the house. Here are some updated pictures...

My laundry room cabinets and bench and coat hooks
the back hallway leading to the laundry room

One of the trees

Our front closet-turned dog house

As promised....MY TABLE! The picture doesn't do it justice. You'll just have to come for coffee and see it for yourself





2 comments:

Ritz said...

I like the back entryway and Moses's house - very cute! lol mom

lindakatee said...

Very nice Teresa/Art. As my sis says, love Moses's hideaway! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Auntie Linda