Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Beauty and Character

The other night, Art and I headed out for a walk.  By ourselves.  After dinner.  Did I mention that we had no children with us?  It was.....surreal!  Anyhow, we walked up the road and nosed around an abandoned homestead.  I took a few pictures, but of course, I can't quite capture the beauty of it.  Here's the original barn....
 

 
An old granary....along with a robin on top of it!


And lastly, an old wagon, with trees growing up through the inside of it.  I would love to transport this to my front yard, and throw a bunch of flowers inside the wagon.


 
I love the beauty and character of the wood that only age can bring.  Kind of like us, growing older, right?  (At least that's what I tell myself, as I grow another year older...)

No comments: