Thursday, May 23, 2013

Living Outside

Well, it finally feels like we've made it through another winter.  Finally.  This winter seemed to last forever, and it's been great, over the last few weeks, to get our hands dirty in the garden!  The Girls helped me get all my bedding plants into containers, which is one of my most favorite spring things to do!  Art helped me move them all around the house, and it's so nice to look outside and see color instead of brown and white!  My lilacs are starting to bloom, the apple trees are in full bloom and look so pretty, and my garden has many different colors popping up from the ground.  I'm sure I think this way ever year, but it feels so glorious to be outside, with the sun shining on my face... the birds are singing, the girls are giggling....it's a good life.
 
Molly celebrated her birthday a few weeks ago, and we had our first wiener roast of the season.  The chickens have been outside, happy for some fresh air (until the weekend, when the blasted fox made another appearance around here!).  The girls have been riding their bikes, playing horse (nothing new there!), helping me weed the garden, and playing with sidewalk chalk.
 
My morning walks have been so great as well, and the other morning, I heard some rustling in the trees, and there, laying down, about 20 ft. from me, was a moose calf... Wow!  I looked around for it's Mama, and didn't see it, so I thought I'd pick up a jog until I was a little further away (I didn't want an unhappy mama moose running after me!).
 
I've been negligent in my posting, mainly because we've been so enjoying being outside!  Here's hoping that you all are enjoying outside too!

No comments: