Friday, August 15, 2008

10 years!

Today Art & I celebrate out 10th anniversary. Ten years! We're in the double digits now, baby! I cannot believe how quickly time has passed. Our first 10 years has been filled with a lot of fun, a bunch of joy, and a few tears. We've added 4 little ladies to our family, lost a baby, moved to a different province, changed (a few) jobs, done home renovations, taken some family holidays, gone through numerous cats and a couple of dogs.... A full ten years it's been, none of which I would change for anything.
We often talk about marrying up (or down). I know that kinda sounds bad, but it's true. Either we marry someone who brings us up, encouraging us to become a better version of ourselves...more gracious and patient and loving to those around us, or we marry someone who brings us down, keeping us stuck on focusing on ourselves only, ignorant to those around us. I would like to say that I definitely married up! I love that Art loves me for who I am, but is constantly encouraging me to grow in my relationship with God, and with those around me.
If you know my husband at all, you will know that these are some of his more excellent qualities: he is extremely gracious, to both friends and strangers; he love the Lord and is a man of faith; he loves his family (a lot!); he is a hard worker; he is patient, and kind; he's really strong...of course physically, but also emotionally, morally; he always looks for the best in people, and gives others the benefit of the doubt; he's a great story teller, and lastly, he's very funny. Not the in your face, obnoxious funny, but the quiet, smart-ass funny. He would argue this point profusely, but it's true. He's funny.
So anyhow, that's my man. And I love him with my whole heart. Happy Anniversary, honey!

No comments: