Sunday, August 17, 2008

And the thunder rolls....

Tonight, after a few very hot days, we finally had a big storm. It was pretty fantastic! We had some friends over for nachos (it is Sunday, after all!), and we saw a storm rolling in. So, we sat outside and watched it come. Hannah was (still) awake, so she came out and watched with us. It was spectacular. As we were sitting there, enjoying watching the sky come alive with lightening, our friend said to Hannah, "You will remember this when you are older...coming outside, the only child still awake, watching the storm with you parents..."

Then we started sharing stories of when we were kids, special moments that we had with our parents. It was a truly blessed time.

As the storm intensified, we had a few more girls watching the storm with us....except Ellie Mae - she slept through the whole thing, once again. Crazy! I sat with Molly, and was rubbing her back, and each time I would stop, she would take her little arms and wrap my arms around her once again....to feel comforted. As this kept happening, I couldn't help but think, "Is this how God wants us to be? Scared, climbing into His lap, desperate to feel His arms around us....?" If only I would do that regularly, when I feel fearful, instead of fretting away... just climb into my Father's lap, letting His touch wipe away all my fears.

No comments: