Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Early Christmas Present

I`ve actually gotten a few early Christmas presents already, and they are all great for all different reasons. The one that I wanted to talk about, though, is the one from my oldest daughter, Hannah. This story actually starts a couple of weeks ago...

A few weeks ago, my favorite purse broke. It was pink and fun and I loved it. And I was sad. I kept saying that I needed to buy a new purse. Hannah took that all in, and decided that she wanted to sew me a purse for Christmas. So, she had asked for some fabric for something, and I gave her some scraps. One night, late at night, I peeked into Hannah`s room and saw that she was sewing, and totally gave her crap for not sleeping!

On Saturday, we celebrated Christmas with Art`s sister, and Hannah decided she couldn't`t wait to give me a present (that doesn`t sound like me at all!). She had it all wrapped with paper and LOTS of tape! I opened it up, and saw that she had sewn me a purse. She didn`t ask anyone for help, and had even put on a button and button hole (which is from her jacket.....we may need to replace that!) I don`t think I will put anything in it, because I think it may come out the sides, and the straps are fairly short, but I love her heart. She saw that I needed, okay wanted, something, and wanted to bless me with it. I love her for that. Here`s a picture of her creation:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! And doesn't that just break your heart when you get mad at them for something like that?! The other day Sabrina was having "quiet time" in my room, and she was rustling around like crazy, so I kept telling her to be quiet. When it was time for her to come out, she says she has a surprise for me - she had cleaned up our whole bedroom, folded all the clothes that were lying around....of course, I can't find anything anymore, but she did a good job!