Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Eve

Tonight is 'the Eve'. It doesn't matter what it's 'the Eve' of, but I always find myself walking around my house, tiding little things us, changing things here and there....Funny how the idea of having 30 or 40 people over will do that to a person. Or maybe it's just me?

We are having our Christmas open house tomorrow night (feel free to stop in!), and I can't wait. But I know myself....and I probably will not sleep much tonight. I'll be thinking about what I need to do first thing in the morning....and then my list that needs to be done in the afternoon....and finally the last minute prep stuff. Thankfully, I got tons done today (tarts are baked, cookies are iced, dips are made) with the help of my ladies. It's funny to me how they get in on the excitement. The Girls have been counting down the days until our party. They just asked me tonight if they could do their school work as soon as they got up so that they can help me get ready (they are truly fantastic!). Of course, I said yes.

We have the word ADULLAM hung from our fireplace in our living room. Adullam being the Hebrew word for 'place of refuge' (as in the caves of Adullam, where David hid from Saul). That is our hope for our home. My hope for our night is that people find their Adullam. If not here, then somewhere....

No comments: