Monday, December 29, 2008

Exciting Stuff

So, I need to catch up on all my recent news, but it'll be in stages, I think....

First things first. For Christmas, Art and I decided that we were going to get satellite TV and a PVR for each other's gifts (we have to justify it somehow!). So, after 8 1/2 yrs. of free TV, we finally bit the bullet and subscribed. I kept joking that I was going to watch TV all day long, while Art was working, and I almost did, one day. The fun thing is that now we know what shows people are talking about, and can tape up to 300 hrs. of TV (incidentally, when we got home from Kelowna we had 197 hrs. taped....all my shows). The not so fun thing is that we have to pay for it.... Oh well, such is life. We went from 4 stations to lots more than 4 (I really don't know how many, actually). And, since we got a new TV, we get HDTV - very cool. So, friends, it's official. We have now joined the 21st century!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

197 hours!? No wonder you watch all day - you'll have to (and a few nights too) just to get caught up!

Shawna said...

Wow Teresa! 20th century! Now that IS exciting! Welcome to the world of "are you going to sit there all night?"!!! It's not in your bedroom is it? Cause that makes it harder:)