Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Stuff

Well, we headed out to Kelowna for Christmas this year. It was so good to get away, and just relax. Art had been working like a dog just before Christmas, trying to finish up a job, and so he definitely needed a break. We spent the week sleeping, playing games, and eating. Can it really get any better than that?
One of the best moments this year was when my girls opened up their gifts on Christmas. My parents had got them each an American Girl. This is something that they have wanted for close to a year, and they have been saving up their money for. We told them that they needed to save $120 for one - some for tithe, some for shipping and customs, some for the doll. So, every cent that they made (which isn't much, considering they don't get a allowance or anything) sweeping out the shop for Art, or money their received for Birthdays, went into 'the fund'.
They weren't at all expecting the dolls for a present, after all, they didn't have enough money saved! Hannah was the first to open hers. It was the sweetest reaction a person could wish for (I think!). Once she saw what it was, she didn't even open the box, rather, she dropped the box and went running first to my mom, and then my dad, and gave them these ginormous squishy hugs that were everlasting. I cried as I watched it....I was so proud of her, and her thankfulness for the gift. I actually think that she cried as well, so was so excited.
Next was Abby, whose reaction was quite similar. Then came Meagen, my niece. During all of this, Molly sat patiently on the couch taking it all in. Finally, my dad called her name, and she was off that couch running to him before he could even finish his sentence. It was quite funny! She opened hers up as well, and was thrilled!

Here's a picture of the girls with their girls (except Ellie Mae, who didn't want to cooperate when we were taking the picture)
One of the traditions in our family is that every Christmas Eve, we get to open one present, and it's always pajamas. My sister and I coerced my Mom into buying us matching pj's, so we matched....
Just like my girls, who also had matching pajamas. They loved them, and were so cute!


1 comment:

lindakatee said...

How exciting for all of your girls...and girls love their dolls. At least most girls. We love to see/ read about the excitement of the wonderment of Christmas. it is always fun to watch the children...Happy New Year to you all, love and hugs, Auntie Linda & Uncle Ed.