Monday, April 27, 2009

Amazed

Some things at which I am amazed:
  1. I am amazed at my girls....I love being a part of their lives, watching them grow and change. Watching them evolve into the girls and (eventually) women God created them to be
  2. I am amazed at what God is doing in my life. He gently prods me along, not content to let me be. Even though it's rarely comfortable, I know that it is good.
  3. I am amazed at the friends God has put into our lives. Friends who love us, and care for us, and fight for us. Thanks, guys!
  4. I amazed that it's STILL not really spring....yesterday it was snowing (again!)
  5. I am amazed at watching the seasons (not) change. It always reminds me a bit of my journey with the Lord...how it changes, regardless of what I want.
  6. I am amazed at creation. We were watching Deadliest Catch last night, and watching how those huge boats just roll around on the Bering Sea.... we are at the mercy of God, and regardless of what we may think, we are NOT in control!
  7. I am amazed at my husband. I would've never thought, when we got married 10 years ago, that our lives would be this rich. Truly, it is more than I ever dreamed. I know that sounds cliche, but really, it's true! He's great, and we're great, and that's great!
  8. I am amazed at how God puts together the circumstances of our lives to draw us unto Him. Really, that's his goal, right? He doesn't really care about the state of our business, or home, or anything...yet He uses these tools to show us of His love for us. Cool, right?
  9. I am amazed that I am getting older...and (hopefully) wiser. I am no longer that cheeky 16 yr. old (now, I am a cheeky 31 yr. old)! I can clean my house, cook dinner for my family, and have a somewhat meaningful conversation with a friend. Don't get me wrong - I still like to have a good laugh, but there is more to life than that!
  10. I am amazed that another year has come and gone, and for that matter, another month, or day even. Regardless of what I sometimes would like, time does march on, and I can't stop it. It helps me remember, sometimes I need to take things not so serious, and sometimes I need to take things more seriously...this one is kinda a double-edged sword!

So, there we have it. Some of the things I am amazed at, this Monday morning.

No comments: