Saturday, June 6, 2009

All's Quiet on the Western Front

It's been 5 days since Art left. Before he left, I was envisioning quiet evenings, more relaxing days, getting the bed to myself, getting caught up on some things around the house, getting caught up on my books....so far, none of that has happened. Since Art left, we have been running, running, running. Don't get me wrong - it's been great....but busy! We've gotten together with lots of friends, had some girl nights, ran errands, had physio (Hannah's shoulder)...all the stuff we normally do (and more!). It's funny. I must say I was a little bit worried about how the week would go. I know the girls are older, but there still are 4 of them! But they've been (for the most part), great. I was telling Hannah and Abby today how much I have appreciated their help. They've played with their sisters, helped around the house, obeyed.... It's been good! And, we've only actually been home for dinner by ourselves a couple of times...the other days, we've had friends have mercy on us by either meeting us for dinner, coming over, or having us over for dinner. I have felt very taken care of by a few women who also have just checked in with me, everyday, making sure everything is going all right. And so far, All's Quiet on the Western Front!

So, tonight, this is my dilemma: do I catch up on everything that I wanted to do this weekend? Or sit on my butt and eat bonbons..... Somehow, I think that the sitting is going to win out this time!

No comments: