Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Home

Well, Art made it home on Monday afternoon. We were all very glad to see him....VERY glad! As we've talked more about his trip, I am so glad that he had the opportunity to go. Now that he is home, it seems like things are crazier than ever....trying to get caught up on work, sneaking in time with the girls, baseball... at that good stuff!

Speaking of baseball, I think the Girls are I are (finally) going to be able to make it to see the "Demon Slayers" play on Thursday. We are looking forward to getting back into the routine of watching them play. It's good fun for everyone.

And, lastly, here's an example of how great I was this week: Last summer, you may remember that we did a bunch of landscaping. So, now that my plants have started to come up (finally!!), I've noticed that some plant that did not return....so sad! I lost my honeysuckle, sea thrift, some thyme, 4 of my spirea bushes, as well as some other plants. So, while Art was gone, I loaded up the Girls, along with the receipt and the original pails of the plants that didn't come back (btw, Art LOVED having to keep all of the containers of the plants that we bought, in his shed!...), and the remains, took them to Home Depot, and, Voila! I made $178...well, kinda 'made'. Home Depot has a year 'warranty' on their plants. If they die, you can bring in the receipt and original container, and they'll refund your money. And that's what I did. And now, I get to go and buy more plants! Yippee!

No comments: