Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So long, Farewell...

It's been a little while....I know that we've been busy, but I'm just not sure with what. We had the Farmer Days in Stony Plain this weekend - always good fun! We started the day off with the parade, then had a picnic at the park, and then to the rodeo. I would post pictures, but Art has the camera, and he left for Whistler today. He is gone for a week, and is attending a leadership Summit there. I am looking forward to him having a restful/stimulating/relaxing/connecting time away. At least I say that today.....I may not be saying that on Sunday, when he's still not home! :-)

Seriously, though, it's been a long time since I actually missed my husband. Since we do most things together (eat/sleep/work/play), we don't often have the opportunity to really miss each other. And as much as we love spending time together, and do most things together, there's something really nice about being apart, and then coming together again. You know? I really am excited to hear how his week goes, and seeing what God has for Art during this time away. I am excited to hear how he connects with others, and with the Lord, what divine appointments God has for him, and just for him to have some 'alone' time. Of course, I will be more than ready for him to come home on Monday......!!

After we dropped Art off at the airport this morning, I looked in my rear view mirror, and saw that Abby was under a blanket. I asked her to take her blanket off her head, and she just sobbed. She so desperately didn't want Art to leave. We talked a bit about it, and then we took a couple of moments to pray for him, for safety, and that he would come back to us better than before. After that, I asked the Girls what we should do while Art was away. I listed off a couple of things we definitely need to do: clean up the basement, work in the garden, etc., and then Molly says promptly, "Let's have a party!!" That's my girl! :-) Always up for a party!

No comments: