Monday, April 19, 2010

First of the Season

It feels like Spring is FINALLY here, and Friday was the perfect day.  I worked a bit in the shop this morning, sanding up Molly and Ellie Mae's beds (I'll show pictures when they're set up in their rooms, hopefully tomorrow....).  After school and alone time, The Girls played outside for a while.  And I thought, "It's Friday.  And it's April.  Could it be....garage sale season?!"

So, I loaded up the ladies and a friend, and off we headed, in search of the elusive, amazing Garage Sale.  My wonderful husband was a bit of a neighsayer, saying it was still to early, but I was sure there would be something.  We headed off on 'the circuit', and much to our delight, found a handful of garage sales.  Well, only 3, but it's a start.  I did, however, score a few finds....
A very cool, old tape measure.  It was made in England, sometime....(there is no date to be found), and is encased in a very rugged looking leather case.  Not sure what I'll do with it - but I thought my hubby might love it.  This, together with another old tape measure (not nearly as cool) was a hefty $2.00, but I thought it would be worth it.  Although I did have to borrow some money from Abby & Molly...

This very cool enamel pitcher.  I know I have (more than) a few of these, but I just love them.  And, I don't actually have one in this exact shape.  Cost?  50 cents

Lastly, this excellent old suitcase to add to my collection of suitcases.  I like this one because it is whitish/creamish, so it's different than the other red and brown ones I have.  I think it'll fit right on top of my others.  This is where I broke the bank.  It cost me a ghastly $3.00!

Ahh, garage sale season....  I love it!!
Total money spent: $5.50.  Not bad for a Friday afternoon drive, don'tcha think?

1 comment:

Ritz said...

some very cool "treasures"