Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh no!

Well, I bought a new book the other day.  And let me tell you.  This book has caused some serious conflict in our home.  Everybody has an opinion about which rules I should follow from it.  Here is the book:

I made my first batch of cupcakes from this book the other day....Yellow Buttermilk Cupcakes....

...with Fluffy Vanilla Frosting.... (colored a light lavender)

The result?  Pure delicious-ness!  I forgot to take a final picture, but I iced them and then topped them off with some sprinkles.  The cupcakes reminded me of a pound cake recipe I have, and the frosting....let's just say that a cup and a half of pure butter in the frosting made it melt in your mouth!

I have made a recommendation in working through our areas of conflict that this book has caused in our home.  Every single member of the family will get to choose a flavor of cupcake, and I will make them.  Art gets to choose next.  What will he choose?  Devil's food with chocolate ganache?  Sticky toffee pudding with toffee glaze?  German chocolate with coconut pecan filling and frosting?  S'mores with marshmallow frosting?

OK, OK...I cannot go on....my mouth is watering and I am suddenly very hungry.  You all are lucky....I'm not showing you the pictures....theses little cakes look AMAZING!

No comments: