Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Suitcases

I've had people ask me before what I do with the suitcases that I collect.  So, I thought I'd show you.  Here is my little stack o' suitcases in the corner of my living room.  As I find more, they get added in the stack.  I love that all of them are different - I especially love the red and white one!
I really love that a few of these suitcases have the initials of the people that bought them and used them...

 
"Do they just sit there empty?" you may ask. Nope. Definately not. I put these bad boys to good use. First of all, I rip out the inside liner, which is usually very stinky, smelly and stained. Then, I line them with wrapping paper and use them for storage!
 
"How do you remember what you store in each of them?" is another question you may ask.  Well, I put these cute little tags on them (although truth be told, I haven't written on the tags because I keep changing my mind about what is in them, and that just seems like a waste!)
Here's another one I have in a different spot.  The lady I bought it from was telling me how that was the suitcase her mother (I think) brought over from England (if I remember correctly) when she immigrated here!  There's even some of the labels left on it.  I use this for storage (of course), and setting up vignettes.

 

No comments: