Friday, July 9, 2010

Ahhh, quiet!

Early this morning, my sister left, taking her kids with her (minus one, who is going to be our slave for a month!) plus my two older girls.  Suddenly, it's quiet.  A little too quiet!  To be honest, I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.....yet.

Overnight, we got rid of 5 kids here, so it went from being crazy loud ("Go outside, kids!!") and busy, to really, really mellow....and quiet.

I go and pick up the Girls on Thursday, so I'm not quite sure what we will do here with the little girls, but we'll try and plan a few fun things....heck, even going to get a Slurpee is fun when you're 3 and 5!!  The Girls are loving having their 16 yr. old cousin all to themselves, but time will tell if she's loving that!  Seriously, my niece is a real sweetie who is very used to having little people around (my sister has 5 kids), so she's great with them, and they adore her!  And Art and I are looking forward to using and abusing her while she's here....can you say "Date night?!.....twice a week?!"  It's gonna be a good time!

We enjoyed having my sister and her family out here.  We didn't do much - just kinda relaxed and slept and visited.  You know, the great thing about having family here is that you don't have to entertain them....you can just be!  Hopefully, we'll get to see them again this summer, but if not, we always enjoy spending time with them. 

Well, it is Friday afternoon, and you all know what that means....Garage Sales!  So I am off to grab a shower, and then conquer the world.... or just go for a drive in the country.... Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Ritz said...

Enjoy your quiet!!!