Monday, July 12, 2010

The Older....

....teaching the younger.  Recently, Molly learned to ride a two-wheeler.  Very exciting times!  Consequently, she got a new bike.  Today, she decided that she was going to teach Ellie Mae to ride a two-wheeler.  I was sitting inside, watching.  Molly helped Ellie Mae get on the bike, and then held on to the seat (very tightly, I might add), and walked her around the driveway.  She was very encouraging and helpful.  Then, they came running into the house to tell me to come outside to "show how Ellie Mae can ride a two-wheeler ALL BY HERSELF!!".  I went outside and watched the whole thing again. 
As I was coming inside, Ellie Mae almost fell, and Molly says, "Whew! That was a close one!"


Isn't it amazing how the older ones teach the younger ones?  They are like little parrots, I tell you.  Sometimes, this is good.....sometimes, not so much!  But today, it was a good thing!

No comments: