Monday, August 15, 2011

13 Years and Counting

Today is our 13th anniversary.  13 years already....the time sure has flown!  Here are a couple of lists to mark the day....

13 Things I Love About my Man:
  1. His butt.  I know, I know, it may be too much information, but I had to say it!
  2. His kind heart
  3. His compassion for others
  4. His love for me and our Girls
  5. His levelheadedness (it's kinda opposite of me, so I very much appreciate it...most days!)
  6. His grace for others
  7. His faith in God
  8. How he lives his life....with kindness and sincerity
  9. His ability to make me laugh...even when I'm cranky
  10. His desire to live a life of integrity, no matter what the cost
  11. His butt.  Did I say that already?
  12. His steadfastness to whatever he puts his hand to.  He doesn't easily give up, or do half a job.  He wants it done well, the first time.
  13. His creativity and talent in his craft....he's made many a project for me!
13 Things I've Learned About Myself Through This Thing Called Marriage:
  1. I'm not really so great....in fact, often, I suck!
  2. I am way more selfish than I'd like to be
  3. I can choose to laugh instead of get angry, and it's usually a better choice, albeit, a harder one
  4. I'm not always right.  Yup, it's true!
  5. I am loved.  Really, truly loved!
  6. In my being loved, I've seen, through the example set by my wonderful husband, how much more God loves us, because His is a perfect love
  7. To give of myself feels way better than only looking out for myself
  8. I really love to be with people who love me...and there's a comfort in that fact
  9. People see me....specifically my man, but I have others too, who really, really see me for who I am....good or bad.  And I take comfort in that.  It's good to be seen!
  10. Submitting to someone who you know wants the best for you is getting easier....It's kinda nice not to have the buck stop here!
  11. I am way more fun when I have my sidekick with me!
  12. If everything isn't okay with us, then it's amazing how all is terrible in the world... It's crazy how much my marriage affects everything around me....or at least my perception of everything around me
  13. I really don't love having someone "correct" me (in other words, I'm not always right), but it is really, truly good for my character.
So, there you have it...a few lists to reflect on the day.  I am really, truly thankful for this man to walk beside me through life.... He is the Best!

1 comment:

Mary said...

That was beautiful. You guys are an amazing couple who obviously love each other. Love you guys.