Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer's Almost....

...over.  There.  I said it.  And, although I hate to admit it, I'm kinda glad.  There.  I said that too.  This summer was definitely NOT what I was expecting or hoping for, but I suppose that's life.  I need to be "fluid" in my life, which is definitely a struggle, because I'm a planner.  I like to plan and prepare and know what's coming up and what's going on.  But, I haven't really been able to plan.  Anything.  This summer.

I look around outside, and most of my hanging baskets and flowers are on their last legs, since we've had such terrible weather with lots of rain, and we've been away.  Lots.  My gardens and flowers are all neglected, and I find myself wanting that "F word" (fall, for those of you that were thinking otherwise) to just happen, so that I won't have to feel guilty about their condition.  As well, once fall comes, we will no longer be "The Mosquito Capitol of Canada" (true story....heard it on the news!), and the bloodsucking little stinkers will die, so that we can enjoy being outside instead of spraying poison all over our bodies before we go and enjoy the great outdoors.  (I have a bit of an issue with bug spray....did you notice?!)

Having said all of that, and being candid about my feelings about this summer, now I must say, that I am trying to make the conscious choice to choose contentment and joy instead of frustration and angst.  It definitely helps that we've had a few really nice days in a row now, and that makes me want to be outside enjoying the sun.  Heck, I may even get a tan and we may even make it to the river this summer yet! 

Happy weekend, everyone! 

No comments: