Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The End

Well, we had our last day of summer yesterday, I'm pretty sure.  And let me tell you, I wasn't about to let it pass me by!  The Girls and I headed down to the river to squeeze a few short hours of sun and sand out of the day before we headed off to the barn for lessons. 

Molly has now started her riding lessons, and is, of course, in love!  She started last week, much to her surprise (we did say September, but it ended up being a few weeks earlier!) and delight.  And, Ellie Mae announced that she wanted to be a trick rider when she's an adult, so after Art's lesson last week and yesterday, I got on with her and she stood in the saddle and "practiced her tricks"!  It's quite fantastic to watch these little ladies fall in love with horses like I did when I was a little girl.

This week marks the end of summer, with us starting school next week.  There are some leaves starting to change color already (bah!  It's too soon!!), and I have had some down time in the last 2 weeks, relaxing and just hanging out.  It's done wonders for my soul!!  I almost feel ready to tackle the school year!  I've got almost all the Girls curriculum, so that's exciting for them to see.....kind of!

And so, another season is (almost) done.  Summer is (almost) over.  And I can't believe how fast time flies.  It kinda scares me, to be honest.... like I just want to put some moments in slow motion, to fully embrace the time I have with my Girls at home, and to remember every little wonderful moment.  To really, truly savour it, you know? 

No comments: