1. I'm making granola right now. I'm telling you, if I could make this scent and put it into a candle, I'd be a millionaire! Art and I have granola. every. single. morning. For real. Add it to some yogurt, and you've got yourself a healthy, yummy breakfast. And it smells good too!
2. I was at the bottle depot today. Twice ('cuz I'm a sucker for punishment!). And is it just me, or do they ask everyone, "Have you counted your cans and bottles?" Ummm, NOPE! Isn't that what your job is? I mean, I know I brought in 10 garbage bags of bottles... but really? Am I supposed to keep a running tally every time I send one of the girls out to the garage to put a can in? Or am I just being ignorant to the ways of bottle depot-ing? Help me out here, friends!
3. We cleaned out the chicken mansion on the weekend. I was kinda dreading it, but I am telling ya, once we all donned our carhartt's, we were a well-oiled-chicken-poo-cleaning-machine! (I'm not sure if that's something to be saying out loud, but whatevs.)
4. Molly is becoming a chicken whisperer. Most days, she'll go out and hang with the hens, putting some scratch on her pants and sitting very, very still. After a few minutes of this, she has them eating out of her hand.
5. Moses is kinda crippled these days, and he's decided on a new mode of transportation which he LOVES. The only problem is when I'm driving, sometimes his foot hits the gas. Then it makes things a bit sketchy. Oh well, he's a senior citizen, and he's gotta have a bit of crazy every once in a while!
5. These little girls, they like to giggle. A lot. I hear them whispering and giggling in the morning, during school, while doing chores, when we're out doing errands, and when I tuck them into bed. They giggle and giggle and giggle. I like it. A lot. I hope they'll always enjoy each other this much!
6. Our turkeys are getting butchered next week. I can hardly wait to see how much those bad boys weigh. We raised 9 of them this year, and the plan is to keep 2 and sell 7. They are all pre-sold, so that's good. The Girls will be paying for the processing, and keeping the profit. They are pretty excited about that!
7. Guess who's the new 4-H Sheep leader? Oy! Heaven help us all....
8. The other night, I saw the reflection on the house from this: Need I say more?