Monday, November 22, 2010

The Cost

Although I love that one of The Girls' jobs is to empty the dishwasher, the fact that they do this chore comes with a cost....

 One of my favorite bowls, which of course, the pattern is now discontinued, was broken the other day.  I know that it was an accident, but it still makes me a bit sad.  This was a wedding present.....

Art did glue back the pieces on the bowl, but of course, it's never the same.  So, here's the question: Is having The Girls empty the dishwasher and break an occasional dish worth the cost?

I know what my answer is....what's yours?

2 comments:

Mark & Katie said...

Yes, it is worth it... the lessons kids learn by being given responsibility and making mistakes are worth far more than any broken dish... lessons of forgiveness, being careful, etc. People are always more important than things and our kids should know that without a doubt.

Katie

stephanie said...

Of course it is worth it. A lesson can be learned in every mistake and accident!