Thursday, November 4, 2010

Jack o' Lanterns

Last week, on the night I went out to see Secretariat, I had bought pumpkins for the kids to do jack o'lanterns.  Our kids have never done them before, since we usually are out for Halloween, so it was quite a novel concept for them.  I had found some pictures in a magazine of some pumpkins that I loved, so I left that with the Girls and Art, and headed out for the night.

This is what I came home to:



Art outlined the houses, and the girls painted them with black paint.  When they were done, he cut out the windows where they asked him too.  And, to boot, Hannah even looked up a recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds, wrote it out, and then her and Art made them.  I must admit, I did touch up the paint a little bit the next day, but they did really well!

No comments: