Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lest We Forget

It's funny (not ha! ha!) how many thing we take for granted. I was having a conversation about Remembrance Day with my girls the other day when I picked them up from school.  They had done an art project at school with a cross and some poppies, and so we were talking about freedom, and war, and remembering. 

I am thankful that we live in Canada, a country where we take our freedom for granted.  However, many have paid the price for our freedom, so we must remember.... It is our history, and unless we remember, we will be bound to repeat it.  So, thank you to all who have walked before us, laying down their lives for this country we call home.  Thank you to the families who have given their loved ones...for us.  It kinda makes one think, doesn't it?   








2 comments:

Vongs said...

It so true that we sometimes take things for granted.Of all the Armistice days[remembrance day]here in the UK ,it`s only this year that I actually stopped,reflected and really appreciate the day.A bit overwhelming when I started to really put myself in the soldiers and their families` shoes.We have great men&women doing great things for our countries..
Thanks http://eyesonmyprize.blogspot.com

Lgali said...

I like your blog nice points